The 4 Installment Agreement Types (And Other Things You Must Know)
Though the installment agreement is a popular option the Fresh Start program offers, there are several types. To ensure you get the optimal tax resolution, it’s important to read through each type and pick the one that suits your needs best.
What Is An Installment Agreement (IA)?
How To Get Approved For An Installment Agreement?
Will The IRS Be Able To Garnish Wages Or Seize My Assets?
Installment Agreement: The 4 Different Types And Which Is The Best For You
1. Guaranteed Installment Agreement
- Owe under $10,000 in back taxes
- Filed all previous tax returns
- You’ve filed your past 5 years’ worth of returns have been filed and paid on time
- Haven’t used an Installment Agreement in the past 5 years
- Will pay off entire amount within 3 years